- Melbourne CBD location
- Portfolio Customer Insights (PCI) – Institutional Property
- Diverse & fast-paced role in dynamic environment
- Career building & development opportunity
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
Portfolio Customer and Insights (PCI) is the Centre of Credit & Execution Excellence within Corporate Finance, and the broader C&IB business. PCI teams work closely with CIB Coverage and Product teams to manage the CIB customer portfolios.
The team has highly professional Portfolio and Execution specialists across Australia, UK, USA and Asia covering the broad spectrum of Corporate & institutional businesses, delivering a wide range of financial solutions for our customers.
PCI aims to drive C&IB’s performance by leveraging its diverse talent and meaningful insights, with an objective to optimise the bank's available capital. PCI offers a great training platform for the future leaders of C&IB.
About the role:
Reporting to the Director, PCI, the Senior Associate will be key senior team member and part of a team that provides credit analysis, deal execution and portfolio risk management functions and support to the Client Coverage Institutional Property team across all aspects of portfolio management and the client relationship. Further, you’ll have an opportunity to build on your existing credit/analytical skills and client relationship skills, and play a key role in driving superior client outcomes and delivering world class client relationships.
Further responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Structuring transactions and preparing credit submissions, employing financial modeling where required and making recommendations on transactions to credit.
- Workflow management between Client Coverage Team, PCI, Product Partners and client support teams, to achieve seamless client experience.
- Responsible for managing the ongoing monitoring of the risk profile and compliance requirements of a client portfolio, ensuring portfolio hygiene is a good standard
- Conduct research and analysis to develop industry/sector expertise and knowledge.
- Attend internal and external stakeholders meetings where appropriate to support business outcomes while managing portfolio risks.
- Provide guidance/coaching to graduates, interns and analysts where required.
A natural team player, you’ll align yourself to a diverse portfolio of institutional property clients and working closely with the Client Coverage Team you will continually improve our customer service delivery model whilst balancing the risk appetite of the Bank.
Your keen eye for detail with financial analysis, credit writing and documentation skills will equip you to make an instant impact in this highly absorbing and rewarding role.
Strong written and verbal communication skills with prior experience in Property and/or Construction will be a distinct advantage. A tertiary qualification in a Finance, Accounting, Economics, Commerce or Property discipline will complete the package.
This influential role will be key in underpinning the continued success of the #1 Institutional Property team in the market.
What we offer
This opportunity will give you exposure to a wide range of stakeholders at all levels of the business whilst being part of a team that is focused, smart, hardworking and passionate about our shared vision to create the very best experience for our customers.
As the successful applicant you'll be rewarded with a structured career path within Corporate Finance that offers a competitive market salary, annual performance incentives, and a flexible working environment.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please only apply if you meet the above skills and experiences.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve.
At NAB we support workplace flexibility. Have a chat to us about how this can work for you…